To neglect Yoga Philosophy is a sure recipe to get stagnant in the practice. Emphasis on the development of Asana only in the contemporary yoga culture has reduced the whole concept of Yoga into another sporting exercise. Such approach might bring physical health to a certain extent but definitely not going to help someone in understanding oneself without studying the guidelines of Yoga philosophy. Here the sessions are one to one or group interactions through discussions and inquiry.
- History of Yoga
- Various definitions of Yoga
- Types of Yoga – Classical and Contemporary
- Structure of Ashtanga Yoga
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Bhagavad Gita and Yoga
- Upanishads and Yoga
Study of Anatomy is certainly complimentary to your yoga practices and deepens the understanding of your body. Here the focus is on the dynamics of joint movements and muscles responsible for such movements. This will help you to get a clear picture of the mechanics of Asanas and its analysis.
Apart from it, you’ll be introduced also into the world of Yogic anatomy to get an idea of energy patterns in the human system.
- Joints and terminologies of location
- Joint Movements
- Types of Muscle Contractions
- Various roles of muscles in a joint movement
- Analysis of few symmetrical and asymmetrical poses
- Examination of an Asana to test your analytical comprehension
- Introduction to Koshas & Shariras – the world of Yogic bodies
- Nadis , Chakras & Gunas – the world of Yogic energies
Date, Time & Fee
- Date: You can join us on Monday every 2nd week.
- Time: to be agreed based on time zones
- Class Size: Max. 4 person
- Fees: $16/Class/person in Group class of 4 students
- Fees: $40/Class for a private class
- Online platform: ZOOM
- *In case you miss the live class, you can receive a recording of it.
- *We will share bank details of school if you wish to pay via Transfer wise or Direct bank transfer.